Natalee Jo

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 8, 2009

Zak and I cooked all day on Thursday.  It got boring towards the end but we were able to get so many meals prepared. Most of the meals we divided into 2 or 3 containers.  Zak got a Seal-A-Meal for Christmas this year and we used it for almost everything.  We had to start putting a few things in our freezer with our fridge because our freezer's temperature went up pretty high as we kept adding more things.  I'm making a double batch of lasagna today for a family who just had twins.  The leftovers from ours I am going to freeze.  Lasagna freezes so well!!!


My doctor's appointment last week went well.  My doctor is out of town so I saw a different one.  She told me she didn't think I would have another 4 weeks  until the baby came. This excited me but at the same time I didn't want to get my hopes up.  My stomach measured a week ahead and the baby is head down.  I have had a lot of aches in my hips lately which has made it hard for me to walk normal.  Hopefully that is one of the wonderful pregnancy symptoms that only lasts a short time.  I still have swollen feet but I found some maternity trouser socks that have compression in them.  They really help for when I'm at work.  

It is sort of funny how women can strike up conversations with pregnant women anywhere.  I have had more people talk to me this past week at store than ever. Nobody believes that I'm due in less than a month.  I'm also getting a little sick of people telling me that it looks like I'm starving my baby or that I am not drinking enough water since my stomach is so compact.  Isn't that something people should just keep to themselves. Trust me, I'm not starving this baby. 

I also have to mention Zak again about how cute he is with everything. He is so excited.  He tells Natalee good morning each day.  He talks about how he will hold her all day long and how cute she is.  He begs for her to come early cuz he just can't wait any longer.  He asks her to move for him and then giggles hysterically if she does.  His friend brought over a fleece blue  yankee blanket yesterday.  He was so excited and hung it off the side of the crib.   I only wish I had a hidden camera to capture some of these funny moments.

0 comments: